This recipe is ideal if you have a glut of zucchinis or tromboncinos in your garden.
Recipe supplied by Linda Woodrow
- Turn the oven on to heat up.
- Grate 1½ cups of carrot, 1½ cups of zucchini, and one onion.
- Put them all in a heavy pan with a good swig of olive oil and fry, stirring occasionally, for a few minutes. The idea is just to heat the vegetables through, soften them, and evaporate a bit of moisture.
While they are cooking, blend together:
- ½ cup of cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- a good handful of flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 big tablespoon of wholemeal plain flour
- salt and pepper
- Grease an ovenproof dish well. I have a square, pyrex dish 20 cm square that is perfect for it. You may like to line the base with greaseproof paper – it does come out without it but it makes a little less risk of sticking.
- Mix the egg, cottage cheese and parsley mix with the vegetable mix.
- Add 1/3 cup sunflower seeds and mix well.
- Tip into the oven dish and smooth out the top. Sprinkle the top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes until golden on top.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then tip it out and slice into little squares or fingers.
- Serve on a platter to share, with chili jam or chutney or homemade tomato sauce, or cold in a lunch box or picnic basket.
This recipe was supplied by Linda Woodrow – See – http://witcheskitchen.com.au/ – for more great recipes.